Our client is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services, helping educational institutions and students by offering comprehensive, cost-effective and customized insurance solutions.
The strategic requirement was to increase our client’s business agility by streamlining the sales, marketing and customer relationship activities, end-to-end policy administration and financial management of their student healthcare business. To enable this, they were looking to set up a next-gen enterprise system to accelerate their internal and external operations. Our client saw this as an opportunity to not only integrate these capabilities, but build a new platform to make their business more dynamic and receptive to new business opportunities.
The existing portal was old and devoid of functionalities to run a modern insurance business.
- Cumbersome content management of the portals
- Poor look and feel of the portals
- Too much reliance on Excel spreadsheets and Word documents to track processes and related information
- Limited functionality and manually intensive activities for the administrators and agents
- Inability to capture customer insights in real time
- Accessibility and security concerns
- No integration with RISK or Case management systems
Imaginea proposed to build an all-new enterprise portal with modern interfaces for ease of use, and integrate third-party software (Salesforce, Origami RISK and Dynamic 365) at the core of the system to overcome tedious manual processes and bring in operational transparency across their divisions. Highlights of this solution are listed below:
- New-age refreshing and Intuitive UI experience.
- Capturing all key information as part of the processes to enable information flow across the enterprise, and facilitate sales analytics and business intelligence.
- Functions and processes that are easy to understand and use as well as efficient to execute.
- Developing a business object model that represents the diversity of the client’s lines of business and scales into future opportunities.
- One-stop dashboard experience for the end users – View/ Edit/ Enrol/ Waive/ Terminate Coverage for both self and dependents.
- Keeping automations simple at this stage. This strategy was intended to help our client in transitioning from their old ways and ease them into the new enterprise system from where they can innovate their processes as their business evolves.
- Handling the following system functions with third-party integration:
- Salesforce: Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, including case management
- Origami RISK: Policy Administration, Enrolment, Premium Calculation, Waivers, Billing
- Dynamic 365: General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Cash Management
- Simplified Content Management configurable by business users with approval flow.
How our solution helped
We built an intelligent, connected enterprise system with superior user experience and third-party integrations for a student healthcare insurance business that transformed their entire internal and external operations.
It was a herculean task to implement functionalities — that had evolved for over a decade — in the new portal in just six months. The next-gen system had to go live within the stipulated time-frame because of the nature of the client’s business that mandates them to renovate only during a specific window in a year. Missing the deadline would mean delaying the project by one year. Imaginea’s team managed the project end-to-end — right from handling business analysis to building user stories with the project owner to architecting the technical solutions, development and Internal quality assurance for the project. Our expertise in managing and rolling out end-to-end enterprise grade software was key to the project’s success.
We took an agile approach to build the enterprise portal and rolled it out in three phases to reduce the complexities in implementing it.
The existing portal was replaced by a more intuitive, responsive and user-friendly interface powered by Sitecore. We also implemented Microsoft SQL server for handling the database. This approach enables the site admins to manage personalized content delivery for the student portal efficiently. The students can login, enroll, shop for products, edit profile, view blogs/ videos and more on the transformed portal with ease.
An agile SCRUM Implementation methodology attributed to the project’s success. We ensured stakeholder buy-ins early in the implementation phase through strong process adherence and internal AQ. This ensured building well-crafted user stories, which were reviewed and approved by the customer before kick-starting the development process itself. Complex integrations with Origami RISK, Adeptia and Salesforce were well-planned and executed to perfection.
- We used Adeptia to integrate third-party business applications, which ensures smooth data flow between applications.
- Salesforce helped in taking care of sales and marketing, case management and customer service for the sales folks. Activities like tracking leads and opportunities and KPIs, and managing product plan details and quote acceptance were made a seamless experience with the Salesforce integration.
- Origami RISK helped school/client admins to manage enrolments, waivers, plans, coverages and accounts. It also assisted in calculating premiums, verifying coverage, accepting payments and generating bills.
- With Microsoft Dynamics 365, client and student invoicing, instalment plans and billing transactions became effortless for the finance team. Alongside, they were also able to generate financial reports, reconcile cash and more using the platform.
Imaginea planned details of the roll-out and content management strategy required for the schools to go live. Our capability in setting up the 24×7 support teams for post-live maintenance and support showcases Imaginea’s commitment towards partnering with the client in their journey.
Building a system that could scale seamlessly to support 125,000 external website users in just over one month of the roll-out is the success story of the project.
- Enhanced user experience – During student enrollment season, support calls reduced by 70% enhancing efficiency of the client’s internal team.
- Stable scalable system supporting business – 125,000 users accessing system, 50,000 waivers completed with only 20% of total roll-out.
- Reduction in operations cycle time and improved efficiency.