The solution had to be based on the client’s proprietary core analytics engine and delivered on a SaaS platform. Some of the key challenges include:
- Processing huge volumes of data and storing billions of records
- Lack of customer level customization options to drive analytics
- Low latency leading to poor performance in loading times
We proposed two modules: Claims dashboard and Litigation dashboard. Our client’s data source is a CSV file that holds the claims information which can be uploaded daily through SFTP.
To enable alerts setup, we designed the database to hold the captured field elements from the CSV file and perform elastic search on them. This is to make sure that our client’s customers can set up their own custom alerts and complexity-level thresholds. These alerts can help in identifying claims that need to be settled at an early stage and prevent claims that could potentially lead to litigation.
The simple UI/UX flow would make it easy for users to visualize and generate reports on crucial metrics easily. The claims dashboard can display multiple types of visualization charts with open claims on the risk index, adjuster-wise claims, and location-based claims count. The litigation dashboard can display attorney expenses, average cost, average handling time, and much more.
These dashboards help clients to monitor claims and identify at-risk claims before they are escalated. They also help track the performance of attorneys, manage litigation, and reduce costs. The dashboard design offers snippet view or full view of the analyzer tab. The results can also be exported as reports.
How our solution helped
Scalable engine capable of searching billions of records in less than 60 seconds and raise critical alerts.
We came up with a multi-tenancy architecture driven solution. The architecture helped to separate customer data, enable high-level customization, and master dataset versioning. Elastic search was used to process large volumes of data and present the results through the UI.
- Improved performance of the application with quick loading of pages
- Generation of customer alerts on claims and predictions for litigation avoidance.
- Early claim settlement alerts to save both money and time.
- Best-rated attorney suggestions on the basis of the type and risk index of each escalating claim
- Intuitive and user-friendly dashboards and charts
- HIPAA compliant data security and privacy