- The chatbot plugin had to be accessible across different platforms and websites, without making any changes to the architecture of the existing native mobile apps.
- The UI theme and styling of the chatbot had to be configurable for each e-commerce website.
Imaginea came up with the idea of having a native-like chatbot plugin built using the React Native framework. This chatbot was designed to be integrated with any native application, with minimal setup. Styling aspects like brand-specific themes can be directly configured from within the native e-commerce application itself.
How our solution helped
Achieved ‘Multiple Canvas | Multiple Application’ with a React Native based chatbot plugin, built on Microsoft’s Open Framework, Adaptive Card.
We built the chatbot plugin, which can reside within the Native application, instead of being a typical, stand-alone React Native application. To communicate and share configurations and APIs, we created an interface between the native and the React Native realms by placing the react-native bundle in a native library project and broadcast the relevant APIs in the native programming language. This separation helped in scaling the plug-in across multiple applications. The following diagram illustrates the chatbot architecture:
The chatbot is capable of answering queries based on Natural Language Processing (NLP). We used React Native Adaptive Cards for rendering the chatbot responses in a rich and dynamic conversational interface.
- A single chatbot solution for all existing platforms, instead of developing individual chatbots for each native app.
- Customer support representatives were able to focus on high-priority customer cases, leading to increased productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Increased customer touchpoints due to dynamic card content.