The existing benefits administration portal had to process data from various HRIS and payroll systems. The data from these disparate systems were in different formats. So, they had to manually upload data into the portal, which was a time-consuming process.
The client has in-depth domain knowledge, but were finding it difficult to digitize their business through the use of reliable and scalable technology solutions. They needed a strong IT partner to implement the latest technologies in their benefits administration solution.
We leveraged our expertise in data analytics, user experience, and building connectors to integrate with different systems to create the new benefits administration portal. The new features include:
- Data driven recommendations of health plan decisions that drive cost savings and improved outcomes for both employers and employees.
- Integration of multiple 3rd party vendors (ADP, Bamboo, Paylocity, Optum, Discovery, etc) to obtain data and streamline HRIS, payroll, and benefits systems.
- Revamped benefits administration platform for better user experience.
- The set up, roll-out, and management of group plans through a single portal.
- Two types of rule engines.
- Analytics on claim data to obtain the monthly claim amount.
How our solution helped
100% increase in number of new customers within a year and 72% decrease in onboarding time of new customers.
As part of Project Lifecycle Services management, we created a product roadmap with high prioritization of business requirements. The requirements were executed through the use of standardized project management tools. Then, a process flow was designed to have a complete grasp on the sequence and dependencies of the individual stages in the process.
We first started with the Integration of external vendors to obtain HRIS and payroll data. The onboarding sheets were used to configure the portal health plans selected by an employer and also allow their employees to select them as required.
The qualifying events for the health plans were identified and rules were established for intermittent activities. On the whole, we placed great emphasis on improving the user experience and administrative capabilities of the portal. The analytics dashboard on the portal gave insights for users to better understand their benefits and utilization.
- Simplified and comprehensive user experience for the user and support portals.
- Singular dashboard to manage and monitor various benefits.
- Highly scalable solution with multiple 3rd-party integration support.