The client needed a mobile app solution that could provide a brand new user experience for waste collectors in their day-to-day operations. The app had to:
- Enable the waste collectors to mark their attendance, as and when they start their shift.
- Automatically find a route map for the waste collector when he/she is on shift.
- Capture the exact working hours spent by waste collectors during their shifts.
- Initiate or prompt a response from a waste collector, in case of any customer service complaints.
- Provide a daily or weekly schedule for waste collectors to view.
- Track the waste collector visits to the allocated housing communities.
- Send a rest break notification to waste collectors during their shift to ensure adherence to US labor laws.
- Identification of the exact location of properties/communities across 39 US states.
- Quick battery drain of waste collectors mobile devices during shifts.
- Lack of consistent internet connectivity during shifts for waste collectors.
- Difficulty in calculating the exact number of hours spent by a waste collector in each community per shift.
- Inaccurate identification of a waste collector’s location during their shift, as well as difficulty in validating it against the assigned schedule.
We designed and built a mobile app that works on both the Android and iOS platforms. The app, with built-in time tracking and logging, enabled waste collectors to view their daily schedules and capture all of their daily activities seamlessly.
The following image provides an overview of a waste collector’s journey during the execution of a routine task:
Waste Collectors Journey
How Our Solution Helped
With the new task management app in place, Valet Living has been able to streamline their processes, accurately manage their workforce, and respond proactively to customer service requests.
- The client can now efficiently monitor the activities of waste collectors at a granular level.
- Automated punch data submission for waste collectors
- It provides a 360 degree view of the services, on any given day, through real time dashboards
- The turnaround times for resolution of customer complaints and the overall number of complaints have reduced drastically, due to improved operational and management efficiency
- Customer satisfaction levels have improved substantially due to the unit-level observation feature of the app. It has also helped residents to verify and validate claims quickly.